Citadel + Machu Picchu Mountain trek
A great day at the wonder's summit
Journey to the Pinnacle of Machu Picchu and Its Mountain
Journey through the Sacred Valley and cloud forest to Peru’s glorious 15th-century Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, nestled high in the Andes. Take in panoramic vistas of the monumental granite peaks from the ascending trails of Machu Picchu Mountain. From the 10,006 ft (3,050 m) summit, witness the magnificence of the “Lost City” unfolding at your feet, with its elaborate temples connected by thousands of skillfully sculpted stone terraces etched into the mountainside. Descend to tour the site’s sun-aligned architecture and feel its enduring mystical energy.
- Trek along ancient Inca trails through lush Andean peaks enveloped in mist to the majestic Machu Picchu citadel.
- Explore the elaborate stone temples, astronomical observatories and expansive terraces of the perfectly preserved “Lost City.”
- Ascend to the 10,006 ft (3,050 m) summit of Machu Picchu Mountain to admire panoramic vistas of the citadel and valley.
- Learn about sophisticated Incan hydraulic engineering, agriculture and architecture from your guide while touring.
- Connect with the palpable spiritual energy of this site considered one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.
» Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu Day Tour
Hotel Pickup and Transfer to Ollantaytambo
Our journey begins with an early morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco. You will be transferred to Ollantaytambo, where we will board the train to Machu Picchu Town, the gateway to Machu Picchu.
Scenic Train Ride to Aguas Calientes
Enjoy a picturesque train ride through the breathtaking landscapes of the Sacred Valley. The journey to Machu Picchu Town provides stunning views of the Andes and sets the stage for the adventure ahead.
Machu Picchu Mountain: Summiting the Sacred Peak
Upon arrival at Machu Picchu Pueblo, enter the fabled gates of the ancient Incan citadel. Our extraordinary guide unlocks the mysteries of this mountain refuge, its temples and terraces exquisitely hewn in harmony with the earth. Then ascend the seldom-traversed trail up Machu Picchu’s hallowed mountain, draped in clouds, to reach its 10,006 ft (3,050 m) summit. From this lofty vantage point, glimpse Machu Picchu’s genius revealed below – surreal in scale yet intricately hewn. Return renewed by magic of the heights.
Return and Lunch in Machu Picchu Town
Board the bus back to Machu Picchu Town, where you'll have some free time to explore the town, visit the local market, or relax before the train journey back to Ollantaytambo.
Enjoy lunch at one of the local restaurants in Machu Picchu Town. You have the flexibility to choose where and what you'd like to eat, providing a more personalized and independent dining experience.
Return to Cusco
Arrive in Ollantaytambo and transfer back to Cusco, concluding your private full-day Machu Picchu tour with memories of an extraordinary day at one of the wonders of the world.
- Professional bilingual Guide/Photographer.
- Touristic transport.
- Bus R/T to Machupicchu.
- Train ticket roundtrip.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Assistance during the tour.
- Tips, Snacks, Drinks, Extra expenses.
- Meals (unless otherwise specified)
- Original passport and student ISIC Card if applicable.
- Small back pack and confortable shoes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April).
- Two complete change of clothing.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and batteries.
- Extra Money (soles).
- Sit down with a shaman for a private meditation ceremony.
- Observe local weavers at work during private demonstrations.
- Hone your kitchen skills during Peruvian cooking classes with celebrated chefs.
- Admire views of the Andes from your luxury, vintage-style carriage on the Belmond Hiram Bingham Train.
- Take a day hike along part of the famed Inca Trail and arrive in Machu Picchu via the iconic Sun Gate.
- Amp up the adrenaline with exhilarating adventure activities such as riding the fast-flowing rapids of the Vilcanota River, or zooming along zip lines among towering Andean peaks.
Can I book my own hotels?
Absolutely. If you look at the PRICING, you will see that there is one price for including three star hotels and another for no hotels. We can also book any other hotel for you. Just let us know and we can quote any of the hotels in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu for you.
How long is the guided tour at Machu Picchu?
The guided tour usually lasts around 2 to 3 hours, covering key areas and providing insights into the historical significance of the site.
Are entrance fees covered in the tour cost?
Yes, the tour package typically includes entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
What should I bring for the tour?
Essentials include comfortable clothing, sturdy footwear, a hat, sunscreen, water, and a camera. Check the weather forecast for additional preparation.
How many people will be part of my tour group?
Private Machu Picchu Full Day Tour, meticulously crafted for an intimate and personalized encounter with this awe-inspiring wonder. We firmly believe that the best way to savor the magic of Machu Picchu is through a private experience, ensuring undivided attention, flexibility, and a tailor-made journey.
Our seasoned guides will lead you through the intricate history, ancient mysteries, and architectural marvels of Machu Picchu, adapting the pace to your preferences. Revel in the freedom to explore at your leisure, capturing every moment without the constraints of a group itinerary.
Can I bring my luggage to Machu Picchu?
All larger luggage should stay in Cusco and can be stored either at your hotel or with us at our deposit. The train to Machu Picchu Town only allows small bags aboard.
What is the best time to visit the Cusco region?
The ideal time to visit varies, but generally, the dry season from May to September is recommended for pleasant weather and clear skies. However, each season offers unique experiences.
How do I book a tour with Neotropic Peru Travel?
Booking a tour is simple. Visit our website or contact our customer service team to explore available options, and follow the easy booking process outlined on our platform.
Can I customize my tour itinerary?
We understand that each traveler has unique preferences. While our tours are thoughtfully designed, we can discuss options for customization. Contact our team, and we'll work together to create a personalized itinerary that suits your interests.
How can I provide feedback about my tour experience?
We value your feedback. After your tour, you'll receive a survey to share your thoughts. Additionally, you can reach out to our customer service team directly with any comments or suggestions. Your input helps us continually improve our services.