Citadel + Waynapicchu Mountain trek
A great day at the wonder's summit
Machu Picchu and Waynapicchu Tour Description
Let Machu Picchu’s epic history and scenery stir your soul. Arrive by train to uncover the majestic 15th-century Incan citadel, dramatically cresting the Andes mist. Ascend stone stairs skyward up Machu Picchu and Waynapicchu mountain, where the mountains and the archaological place reward you with the view of a lifetime. Stand still and connect deeply with a sense of human awe and wonder in this “Lost City of the Incas.” Rediscover yourself amid Machu Picchu’s grandeur.
- Marvel at the perfectly preserved 15th-century structures of Machu Picchu, the majestic “Lost City of the Incas.”
- Climb over 1,000 Incan stone steps to reach the summit of Wayna Picchu, taking in breathtaking views of Machu Picchu’s hidden temples and terraces.
- Learn about the advanced architecture, astronomy and spirituality of this awe-inspiring ancient citadel from expert guides.
- Reflect on an enriching journey to one of the New 7 Wonders of the World as you return by train to Cusco through lush Peruvian landscapes.
» Machu Picchu and Waynapicchu Day Tour
Hotel Pickup and Transfer to Ollantaytambo
Our journey begins with an early morning pickup from your hotel in Cusco. You will be transferred to Ollantaytambo, where we will board the train to Machu Picchu Town, the gateway to Machu Picchu.
Scenic Train Ride to Aguas Calientes
Enjoy a picturesque train ride through the breathtaking landscapes of the Sacred Valley. The journey to Machu Picchu Town provides stunning views of the Andes and sets the stage for the adventure ahead.
Ascent to Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu's Majesty
Upon arrival at Machu Picchu Pueblo, ride the bus up switchbacks, entering the shrouded world of Machu Picchu. In this ancient Incan stronghold, our exceptional guide unpacks centuries of secrets: temples of the sun and stars, terraces sculpted from stone – a citadel nested between earth and sky. Then trace history up granite steps to Wayna Picchu’s cloud-wreathed summit. From this place of grandeur, see Machu Picchu unfold in new light and detail, its vastness now intimate, its magic revealed as your own. In places this high, perspective shifts inward as much as outward. Return to the valley transformed.
Return and Lunch in Machu Picchu Town
Board the bus back to Machu Picchu Town, where you'll have some free time to explore the town, visit the local market, or relax before the train journey back to Ollantaytambo.
Enjoy lunch at one of the local restaurants in Machu Picchu Town. You have the flexibility to choose where and what you'd like to eat, providing a more personalized and independent dining experience.
Return to Cusco
Arrive in Ollantaytambo and transfer back to Cusco, concluding your private full-day Machu Picchu tour with memories of an extraordinary day at one of the wonders of the world.
- Professional bilingual Guide/Photographer.
- Touristic transport.
- Bus R/T to Machupicchu.
- Train ticket roundtrip.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu mountain.
- Assistance during the tour.
- Tips, Snacks, Drinks, Extra expenses.
- Meals (unless otherwise specified)
- Original passport and student ISIC Card if applicable.
- Small back pack and confortable shoes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (December – April).
- Two complete change of clothing.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, etc.
- Camera, plenty of film and batteries.
- Extra Money (soles).
- Sit down with a shaman for a private meditation ceremony.
- Observe local weavers at work during private demonstrations.
- Hone your kitchen skills during Peruvian cooking classes with celebrated chefs.
- Admire views of the Andes from your luxury, vintage-style carriage on the Belmond Hiram Bingham Train.
- Take a day hike along part of the famed Inca Trail and arrive in Machu Picchu via the iconic Sun Gate.
- Amp up the adrenaline with exhilarating adventure activities such as riding the fast-flowing rapids of the Vilcanota River, or zooming along zip lines among towering Andean peaks.
Can I book my own hotels?
Absolutely. If you look at the PRICING, you will see that there is one price for including three star hotels and another for no hotels. We can also book any other hotel for you. Just let us know and we can quote any of the hotels in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu for you.
How long is the guided tour at Machu Picchu?
The guided tour usually lasts around 2 to 3 hours, covering key areas and providing insights into the historical significance of the site.
Are entrance fees covered in the tour cost?
Yes, the tour package typically includes entrance fees to Machu Picchu.
What should I bring for the tour?
Essentials include comfortable clothing, sturdy footwear, a hat, sunscreen, water, and a camera. Check the weather forecast for additional preparation.
How many people will be part of my tour group?
Private Machu Picchu Full Day Tour, meticulously crafted for an intimate and personalized encounter with this awe-inspiring wonder. We firmly believe that the best way to savor the magic of Machu Picchu is through a private experience, ensuring undivided attention, flexibility, and a tailor-made journey.
Our seasoned guides will lead you through the intricate history, ancient mysteries, and architectural marvels of Machu Picchu, adapting the pace to your preferences. Revel in the freedom to explore at your leisure, capturing every moment without the constraints of a group itinerary.
Can I bring my luggage to Machu Picchu?
All larger luggage should stay in Cusco and can be stored either at your hotel or with us at our deposit. The train to Machu Picchu Town only allows small bags aboard.
What is the best time to visit the Cusco region?
The ideal time to visit varies, but generally, the dry season from May to September is recommended for pleasant weather and clear skies. However, each season offers unique experiences.
How do I book a tour with Neotropic Peru Travel?
Booking a tour is simple. Visit our website or contact our customer service team to explore available options, and follow the easy booking process outlined on our platform.
Can I customize my tour itinerary?
We understand that each traveler has unique preferences. While our tours are thoughtfully designed, we can discuss options for customization. Contact our team, and we'll work together to create a personalized itinerary that suits your interests.
How can I provide feedback about my tour experience?
We value your feedback. After your tour, you'll receive a survey to share your thoughts. Additionally, you can reach out to our customer service team directly with any comments or suggestions. Your input helps us continually improve our services.